Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DIY Chair Makeover

I found these chairs at our local thrift store for $6 a piece.  I love a good deal!  They were so ugly, but I loved the shape and saw their potential.  They were in great shape and just needed some new upholstery and paint.  After hauling them home I got to work sanding, painting and re-upholstering the cushions.  In the end I only spent about $35 for the chairs, spray paint and fabric.  The pillows were free since I already had the fabric and pillow forms from other projects. 



I love a fresh coat of Heirloom White spray paint

This is nice, but it's still missing something

Ahh... much better.

I love the look of ruffles and wanted to add a little feminine touch to the chairs and our bedroom so I followed kelly + olive's tutorial on making a ruffled pillow.  They turned out so cute and it adds just enough girliness without being too much for dear hubby.

I'm not sure if this table will be permanent here, but I've been wanting something in between the chairs.  Since I already had this downstairs, we'll try it out for a while.  It's a great little place to read now.

17 comments:

  1. Shanade, those are simply awesome...so classic and sassy! So glad you linked up at Kimba's...I've had fun perusing your blog. I'll add you to my blogroll to keep up with your projects :O)
    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! i would love those in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! I love the chairs and the ruffled pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the pillows. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those chairs are awesome! You are right, the pillows are perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these chairs and I'm going to feature them on my Furniture Feature Friday link party tomorrow. That ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds great! I'm so excited. My first time being featured somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job! love those pillows :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely darling. What a wonderful job you did. You had a vision and you followed through. The hardest part is the vision, right? (or at least for me it is). Well done. I'm going to sign up to follow you. Please do me the honor of visiting my blog and if you see something that inspires, it would flatter me if you also signed up to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this! I have to copy those ruffled cushions if you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chairs look great, but those ruffly cushions make them really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful job!! Could you possible geive me the link for the ruffled pillows? Thanks, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is the link to kelly + olive's tutorial for the ruffle pillow.

    http://kellyandolive.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-make-ruffled-pillow.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.