Monday, August 2, 2010

A Little Rambling

I haven't really done anything cute and crafty lately, but the last two weekends have been super productive.  Don't you just love those weekends?  Anyways, since baby #3 is well on her way to joining our family I told Andrew that we really needed to get a freezer before baby arrives so that I could stock it full of freezer meals.  I don't know if any of you have ever attempted to cook dinner (even just oatmeal) with a one and two year old, but it is near impossible (I'll take this time to apologize to my neighbors now for all the yelling and crying you hear around the dinner hour).  The second I enter the kitchen Mr. Handsome feels like he needs to be held and screams and cries while throwing himself around on the tile floor as I try to make dinner (this results in some pretty good bruises on that handsome little head of his - poor guy).  Of course my little Ella Bella likes to "help" make dinner and it usually ends up with her grabbing some sort of raw meat or touching something hot or trying to eat something and realizing that raw onions don't taste so good, which then results in a lot of tears and panic (from her, not me).  Soooo, dinnertime is a little chaotic at our house and I decided that for my sanity and my children's safety I should jump on this once-a-month cooking bandwagon.  I've cleaned the library out of their books, I've scoured the internet and I've even managed to adapt some of my own favorite recipes so that they can be a freezer meal.
Sorry for that tangent, now going back to the freezer.  We didn't have a place to put a freezer because our garage was lined with cabinets and there was barely room for our cars, which living in Utah, we are not sacrificing our garage space for anything other than our cars.  So a couple weekends ago we cleaned out the garage, sold the cabinets (they were gone in an hour, yay!) and got to work organizing our new space.  Then this last weekend Sears was having a pretty good sale so I went and finally purchased the freezer I've been wanting since we moved into our first house four years ago.  To say I was excited is a little bit of an understatement.  Of course is won't be delivered for another week, kind of a bummer, but oh well.  So starting next week, I'll be cooking up a storm in preparation for baby girl.  More to come on that later - don't worry, I'll include recipes.  I've done freezer cooking before, but always in small amounts.  Usually just some pasta sauce and a few lasagnas, enchiladas and casseroles.  It is so great when I have a new baby and I can just pull something out of the freezer.  Since I'll actually have decent freezer space now though, I'll be able to do so much more.  I'm thinking that I'm going to start taking one weekend a month, leaving Andrew in charge of our munchkins and just doing as much cooking as possible for the freezer.  This should help tremendously with the dinnertime chaos that ensues at our house and hopefully we will have a happier dinnertime.
I also managed to get all the wallpaper removed in the toy room this last weekend.  A friend let me use her wallpaper steamer and fortunately it came off pretty easy.  The room looks so different without the paper.  I've been working on a plan for that room and think I've figured something out, so we'll see how it comes together.
I finally got the munchkins bathroom decorated too.  Maybe my last post was all the motivation I needed to get stuff done.  Not really sure, but I've finally decided to get my butt in gear and get working on my never-ending projects list.  The bathroom looks so cute, but there are just a few finishing touches I want to put on it before I make the final reveal.  Well my children are crying for a snack, so I've got to go.  Pictures coming soon... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.