Monday, August 9, 2010

Yay! She's Here...

No, not our baby.  She can't come for a few more months.  My newest love was delivered this morning though.  My brand spankin' new, very first, Kenmore Elite Upright 21.6 cubic feet freezer!  I'm in love.  All day I've been wondering what I should put in her first.  I need to come up with a good name for her.  Any suggestions!?!  So this week while my father-in-law is visiting and playing with munchkins I'll be in my kitchen making up a few batches of chili, ham and bean soup, ham and cheese quiche, chicken and broccoli manicotti and anything else I can think of that I have most ingredients on hand for already.  I think October will be my big freezer cooking month in preparation for the baby, so I'm saving the bulk of cooking for then, but in the meantime I may need to visit Costco and Macey's needs to have a good stock up sale on meat.  Eeee... I'm so excited!

I will post recipes as well of what I'm making since I've had several people ask.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know how exciting it is!!! And if you want you can make a few dinners for my freezer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I felt kind of dumb being thrilled to get my freezer but it doesn't take much to make me happy! Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.