Tuesday, October 27, 2009

... And What We Came Home To

Well I showed you what the weather was like when we left on vacation last Wednesday.  It was beautiful fall weather and the yard was looking like something out of a movie.  Well we got back late last night and we had of course had another change in weather.  That's the problem with fall around here, it doesn't last very long.  It was cold and stormy all the night.  The wind was blowing really hard and we knew that a storm was rolling in.  Well this is what we woke up to this morning.  Ughhh!  In the five years we've lived here I can't remember the last time we had snow before Halloween.  Don't get me wrong, I like the snow, but I usually prefer that it come after Thanksgiving and if I really had my way it would only stick around for the month of December; just long enough to have a white Christmas.  Oh well.  I guess winter is well on its way now.




2 comments:

  1. Well Shanade I'll trade places with you, it's so windy here that my neighbors tree fell over!! Pulled it right out of the ground, I'll take some snow over falling trees lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is beautiful!!! Though the picture of your backyard in all of its fall glory was absolutely amazing! :) I like fall too and it definately doesn't last long enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.