Sunday, December 4, 2011

How'd I Do.. November Goals


Once again, where did the month go!?!  Heck, where has this year gone?  Even the last few days of December have gotten away from me.  I meant to post this on the first, but the first was Ashlynn's birthday and anyways, no more excuses.  Let's move on.  I actually did pretty good for the month of November. 

Homemaking - 
Finish winterizing the house - There a couple things that didn't get done, but the main things are done, so we're calling it.
Pull out annuals 
Plant tulips for spring - We've been so lucky.  Up until just a few days ago, we've actually had fall, so I was actually able to get the tulip bulbs planted for next year.  Lets just hope that they grow and let's really hope that I didn't do to much damage to the existing tulip bulbs while trying to plant the new ones.

Cooking -
Try a new recipe each week - Well the cooking was a big fat fail this month.  But, I did come up with an amazing recipe for cranberry sauce that I was pretty excited about.  It was so good on those turkey sandwiches too!
Organize recipes - This is just going to have to wait for January.
Gather favorite recipes - I've got to do this so I can start working on that family cookbook.

Mothering -
Patience - I'm always working on this, yet I always feel like a failure still.  I guess we're not always going to be patient with our kids.
Take Ella on a date - We had to reschedule this one to December.  Fortunately, it was actually because of something she had to go to and she doesn't even seem to remember. 
Take fall pics if we get another nice day - I'm so sad I didn't find the time for this.
Plan Ashlynn's first birthday - Well I win "The Worst Mother of the Year" award. :)  I didn't even make a cake until dinner time and then I didn't have time to let it cool before attempting, attempting being the key word here, to frost it.  The cake looked awful, I didn't even wrap her present and she didn't really like dinner that night.  So big fail on my part.  Ashlynn I promise I'll make it up to you in years to come.  I will say though that I made her gift and it turned out pretty freakin' adorable.
Have Cameron completely potty trained by Thanksgiving - Yes, Yes, Yes!!! Hallelujah, this is done!  He's is actually pretty good at night even.

Creating -
Make a tie for Cameron - Oh my goodness cute!
Craft night with the girls - We had so much fun crafting cute little girlie bows and flowers for our girls hair.
Make the hair clippies for Ella's birthday party - Agh, I've gotta get these done.  Her birthday is next week.  I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight after the kids go to bed.

Financing -
Figure out a budget for the month - Yeah, lets not talk about this.

Enriching -
Read a book - Check... I just love a good mystery.

Okay, so not quite as good as I thought, but not to shabby either.  I'm over it.  Moving on.

December Goals:

Homemaking -
Decorate for Christmas
Deep clean before Christmas

Cooking -
Make a fabulous cake for Ella's birthday party
Try three new recipes
Christmas baking/goodie plates

Mothering -
Take Ella on a date
Remember to read Christmas stories with the kiddos

Creating - 
Finish all the homemade gifts I've planned... there are a lot
Sew a scarf for me... I need something for my stocking too
Finish the flowers and gift bags for Ella's birthday party

Financing -
Figure out a new budget for 2012
Plan budget for the month of December... there is a lot to cram in this month

Enriching -
Read two books
Host our Cooking Group
Have a date night with Andrew... it is our anniversary this month after all

We've got another busy month ahead of us so I guess I should get off this computer and start working now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.