Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A New Baby

No, not for me.  This baby is for Ashlynn.  For her first birthday I wanted to give her her own baby doll.  But, I didn't want just any baby doll.  I wanted a cozy cloth doll.  Since Missy loves to cuddle so much, I thought she should have a doll that she could really snuggle with.  So after searching several stores, I decided that they just don't make what I wanted.  So off to Etsy I went and I actually found what I wanted after several searches, but then I looked at the price.  Whawaawaaa!  The price actually wasn't that bad (more than I like to pay, but I probably would've paid it if I didn't have any other options), but considering I have two birthdays, an anniversary and Christmas to pay for all in the span of 25 days, it just wasn't going to happen.  So I drew up a pattern and started sewing.  I will say that in this case the third times the charm.  This is a direct quote from my hubby regarding the first attempt, "It looks like E.T."  So, yeah... onto attempt two... much better, the body and legs were good, but, the head was too small.  So for attempt three I actually just cut the head off the second doll, sewed a new head (the right size) and then attached it to the body.  Perfect!  I was so excited that it actually turned out.  The picture makes the head look funny shaped, but I promise it actually looks okay.  Now onto the rest of the homemade gifts for Christmas.  I actually have several more gifts that I've already made and several more that I need to finish, but I can't post them right now since they're going to people that read this blog.  I guess I have to show those after Christmas.


2 comments:

  1. I love this doll! I still have handmade dolls my grandma made for me when I was a girl. I know she'll cherish this one just as much. It really looks great!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! now where is Tessa's doll??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.