Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Little Getaway... Part 1

Last week we left Ella and Cameron with Andrew's parents and Andrew and I, along with Ashlynn, snuck away for a week in San Francisco.  Neither of us had been there, which we both found surprising since we both grew up in California.  We've really wanted to visit and the opportunity presented itself when Andrew's mom offered to come watch the munchkins for a week and Andrew's brother who lives in San Francisco offered to let us take over his apartment.  So even though I was very anxious about leaving my two older munchkins (this was really the first time I'd ever left them except when I go to the hospital to have a baby, but even then I get to see them every day), Andrew and I decided that it was a great chance to get away and spend some time together.  Of course Ashlynn and I are sort of a package deal and don't really go anywhere without each other so she got to come with.  Fortunately, Ashlynn proved to be a great traveler and I was even more thrilled to find out that at least one of my children sleeps while on vacation.  While we were there we pretty much did all the touristy things like the Golden Gate Bridge, Baker Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 Sea Lions, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz, Botanical Gardens, drove up through Napa, rode the Cable Cars, visited the Cable Car Museum, lots of shopping and we ate lots of yummy food.  We also took a couple of days to go up the coast to Mendocino, which was gorgeous.  Surprisingly we still had some downtime to rest as well.  So there are a lot of pictures and I'll probably actually have to do a few different posts.  Okay, here it goes...














 Mmm... sourdough bread


3 comments:

  1. How fun!!!! Looking at the pictures makes me miss living there. Glad your baby turned out be a good traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun! All your pictures are great. Ryan and I went to San Fran for our honeymoon and LOVED it. We're thinking of stopping back this summer as part of a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! We have always talked about wanting to go to San Francisco. Nick's mom and sisters go quite often and love it there! Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.