Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Tasty Valentines Treat

I know this is a little late, but better late than never.  We didn't really do anything on Valentine's Day since the weekend before we went with friends to The Melting Pot.  Yummy!!!  Since you can't really afford anything after that we decided to stay home and have a nice dinner together as a family.  On Saturday though I decided that Ella and I needed pedicures, so we invited a friend and her two little girls and had a little pedicure party.  Of course if you're having a party and it's the day before Valentine's then you need a cute little treat to go with it, so we had some very tasty rice krispy treat.  Mmm mmm good!
All I did was make some yummy rice krispy treats (I followed the directions on the back of the cereal box), use a heart cookie cutter and cut as many hearts out as possible (note - I should have greased the cookie cutter first), warm up some pink vanilla frosting in the microwave, dip the hearts in the now melted frosting and sprinkle with red sugar.  I think it would have been really cute with some red, pink and white sprinkles, but this is what I had on hand.  These were so tasty and a cute little treat to go with our pedicures.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I have a girl now, so as soon as her nails are big enough we will have a painting party with girl friends. I like your treat idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.