Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Master Bedroom Part 2 - Painting and a little sneak peak

My master bedroom is well on its way to being done.  I'm so excited!  The room is completely painted now and surprisingly it only took me two days to do with both munchkins.  I thought for sure it would take me at least a week.  The color isn't exactly what I was envisioning, but it's close enough to what I was wanting that I'm really happy with it.  I was also thrilled to find the perfect bedding today.  I had already picked out some different bedding that I was on my way to buy, but decided to make a quick stop at Bed Bath and Beyond just to make sure I didn't see something in the store that I liked better and lo and behold I found the perfect bed set.  It's a beautiful bluish-greenish-greyish color.  It's technically called "Peacock"; so exotic sounding I think.  Plus it's machine washable silk; um, yes please!  And to make this happy day even better the bedding was on clearance.  I was able to get the duvet cover, two euro shams and the bedskirt (which I'll actually be using to sew toss pillows since the furniture I'm buying doesn't need a bedskirt) for $80.00.  Plus once I take my 20% off coupons back with my receipt that will be another $16.00 off.  Yep, that's right, beautiful machine washable silk bedding for $64.00!!!  I was feeling pretty good when I left the store. Of course I came down from my bargain high when I stopped at Home Depot to check out their chandeliers and the one I want for my bedroom is $180.00.  Darn, I guess I'll have to save up for that one.  Anyways, so here are a few pics of my room before and then a little sneak peak for y'all.
What we started with... I know it's not very pretty and it's really boring.
We really like our bay window, but those windows and angles sure present some serious problems for any window treatments.

I tried several paint samples before finally choosing a paint color.
Painting, painting and more painting.
What did the munchkins do while I was painting?  Well build things of course and watch Madagascar a few times.
Here's a little sneak peak of what I've been up to.
And here are the Gorgeous colors I'm using in the room.  Aren't they so pretty!?!  So soothing and peaceful.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I really like your colors. Especially that green. Can you come decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see the finished project! Im painting my LR, seems the exact color of your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely, i just added up many fresh emo backgrounds 2 my blog
    http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.