Monday, May 2, 2011

How'd I Do... April Goals

I meant to do this post yesterday, but Sunday's are sort of a crazy and exhausting day around here and I was determined to go to bed at a decent hour last night.  My kids actually slept all night too, so I got a full eight hours of uninterrupted sleep last night.  Pure heaven is all I have to say about that.  I couldn't believe how good I felt when I woke up.  Anyways, I don't know where the month of April went, but I can't believe it's already gone.  So here we go with another month down:

Homemaking-
Re-arrange rooms.  I feel like this is going to be a huge undertaking.  Here's the plan:
    Toy room becomes guest room
    Guest room becomes food storage room
    Basement living area becomes toy room
We didn't get the rooms re-arranged last month, but that's okay.  I knew it was going to be a huge project.  We did manage to get the basement living room mostly cleaned, the guest room cleaned and the food storage closet as organized as it's going to be for now.
Re-arrange front room - This room looks so much better now.  We re-arranged the furniture, added a rug (finally) and got the new desk.  Now I just need to finish off the gallery wall.

Cooking-
Try three new recipes - Creamy Bacon Fettucine, Three-Cheese Baked Spaghetti and Double Lemon Poppyseed Cake
Clean out inside freezer - It's Finally Done!!!  Let me just say there were some gross things in there.
Make three freezer meals - This definitely didn't happen.  Most days I was lucky enough to get dinner on the table.

Mothering-
Practice patience - I really tried, but oh I need some more practice.
Sign Ella up for preschool - Done!  This was really sad to do.  It made me realize how big my baby is getting.
Have an art project once a week - We didn't get a big art project done each week per se, but we got a couple of Easter projects done and the kids did lots of coloring and played with lots of play-doh.
Work on ABC's and 123's sight recognition and sounds with Ella - We'll work on this in May although she's getting pretty good already.

Creating-
Sew nursery curtains - Big Fat Fail!
Sew matching skirts for my girls - One of these days when I have free time to sew something other than a straight line, I'll attempt this.

Financing-
Finally get our new desk - Yay, it looks so good!  Pictures coming soon.
Figure out the cost of shelving in the food storage room - I need to do this so I know how much to plan on, but this project won't be happening for another few months anyways, so no rush.

Enriching-
Read a book - Fail
Go to the gym twice a week - Fail
Catch up on my magazine reading - I got started, but never finished.

So there's the month of April.  For being such a busy month, I was able to get quite a bit done.  May isn't going to be any better though, so I'm going to keep my list short and sweet.

April's Goals:

Homemaking-
Start re-arranging rooms
Hang frames for gallery wall in reading room

Cooking-
Try three new recipes
Start working on gathering recipes for family cookbook

Mothering-
Work on ABC's and 123's sight and sound recognition with Ella and Cameron
Practice Patience (you can never have too much patience)

Creating-
Host a baby shower

Financing-
Stay in budget

Enriching-
Finish catching up on my magazine pile
Blog twice a week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.