Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Project Nesting: Part 1

Okay, I know I said I've had a ton of projects going on in preparation for baby and that I would post about them, but I've just been too tired.  So here I go.  About a month ago my father-in-law was visiting and since the grandparents just want to play with the munchkins and do all sorts of fun things and I just want a little break from my oh so adorable but exhausting kiddos and to get some projects done, it makes a win-win situation for all parties involved.  So as usual I decided to break out the paint since that's the one project that is the most difficult to do when it's just us alone.  Since I had taken the wallpaper down in the toy room a few weeks before, I decided to start with the toy room.  I painted the toy room the same green as the munchkins bathroom (which, by the way I don't think I've posted about that yet... whoops!).  I'm still working on the decor since I'm not exactly sure what I want to do in there yet and since everything costs money, which I have a shortage of these days.  So really I just painted, rearranged the toys so that things fit better and started cleaning out.  I really want to make the toy room a fun place for the kiddos to be since we'll probably be locked up quite a bit this winter with a new baby and all.

So here are a few pics for now.  Like I said, I've still got to decorate, but I have a few things in mind so once I get more done I'll post some new pics.
This was the toy room before we bought the house.  The previous owner used it as her sewing room.
For whatever reason I can't find any of the pictures I took of the toy room before I started working on it, so here it is with new paint.  Since there was the chair rail already and I didn't want to rip it off and chance damaging the walls I just left it there and decided to paint the top half green and the bottom half white.  
The room is so much nicer now.  On this long wall with all the toys I want to get two of the IKEA Expedit eight cube bookcases and lay them on their sides so that it's only two cubes high and the munchkins can easily access all the toys.  Plus the top will act as a shelf for all those bigger toys that won't fit in a cube, but take up floor space.
I also have plans to change the window covering to a bamboo shade and hang some white sheer curtains.  I would also love to paint the little chairs a fun aqua/turquoise color.
And on this wall we'll be able to get rid of this bookshelf and I want to make it sort of an art area with a little easel, a dry erase board, maybe a chalk board and then a fun art display area as well.  All in time I suppose.  I just need to find the time and money to get this done.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.