Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Last week I finally remembered to sign up for the food co-op Bountiful Baskets.  I have several friends that do it and they kept telling me how great it was and that I just had to try it.  Our area fills up really fast (like within the first 10 or 15 minutes) and I've always remembered way too late, but last week I remembered and I'm so glad I did.  This is what we got for $15.
about 12 plums
6 or 7 nectarines
bag of black seedless grapes
1 lb strawberries
2 bunches of bananas
1 canary melon (never even heard of before, but it was delish)

2 heads of cabbage
1 head romaine lettuce
1 bunch of celery
2 green peppers
10 or so yams 
6 or 7 tomatoes

This was so fun and I love that it's forcing me to get creative with our veggies and find new recipes.  We did give the cabbage to some friends though since we really don't like cabbage, but everything else (especially the fruit) is great.  We'll definitely be doing this again next week.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! We have one of those around here, I'm going to email my friend and see if she's still doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.