Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Little Freezer Cooking

Since my freezer arrived I've been busy stocking that baby full of freezer meals.  Here's a list of what I've got made so far:

Chili - 3 containers
Ham and Bean Soup - 2 containers and 4 gallon size bags
Meatloaf - 6 loaves (this is one of our absolute favorite meals)
Beef Enchiladas - 3 9x13 pans of 8 enchiladas (24 total)
Taco Meat - 3 bags
Egg and Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches - 12 (these are mostly for Andrew to take to work)
Breakfast Burritos - 21 (again for Andrew to grab and go in the mornings)
Ham and Cheese Quiche - 3 pans
Garlic Bread - 1 (we had several, but have already eaten them all since they are so yummy)
Lots of leftover ham that I diced up - perfect for omelets or casseroles

I've also been able to freeze a couple London Broil Steaks since they were on sale and a lot of ground beef, which was also on sale (managers special actually - $1.79 lb for 85/15 and 93/7 - I got about 16 lbs).  I'm hoping that our grocery store will have their chicken on sale soon so that I can stock up on that as well.

I still have several things to make such as:
Stuffed Shells
Chicken and Broccoli Manicotti
Pasta Sauce
Lasagna
Baked Ziti
More Garlic Bread
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Chicken and Potato Casserole
Cookie Dough
Muffins (several varieties)
Pancake Mix

All in all I think I'm in good shape.  I figure the middle October is when I'll really get going and get the bulk of this done.  I don't really want to put all this effort in and then not be able to use it when I'll most need it.  I'll eventually get recipes posted as well.

2 comments:

  1. That is so amazing! You're so good at preparing and organizing this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! :) I've been wanting an extra freezer. I keep thinking about it, just don't know if we have the space. Looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.