Isn't this room gorgeous!?! I love it and think it would work well for a boy and girl. It's neutral enough, but I can still add some colors that represent both Ella and Cameron. So here are my tentative plans for now:
- Paint walls a soothing neutral green (I think I've found the color I want to use)
- Make padded headboard for Ella Bella (we already have a white crib for Cameron)
- Sew white duvets for Ella and Cameron (should I add the brown stripe to the edges too???)
- Sew some toss pillows
- Rip out current closet "organizer" and install a new efficient closet organizer
- Find either a small three or four drawer chest or nightstand for the bedroom
- Add some accessories (rug?, pictures, lamp, mirror?, toss pillows)
- Make PB inspired book rack
These are the plans for now. I guess we'll see how it goes once I actually start putting this plan into action. I'm hoping to start this week, but we'll see what my energy levels look like.
Any suggestions for me? Am I missing something? We have a toy room, so the bedroom is sort of off limits for toys, but we do read quite a few stories in bed, so something to hold books is a must. The bedroom is tiny and barely has room for a twin bed, crib and small dresser or nightstand, so a bookshelf is really out and the closet organizer is essential. I want to maximize the storage as much as possible though, so I'm leaning more toward a small dresser for blankets and such. I'd love to hear your thoughts and what you've done with tight spaces.