Monday, June 21, 2010

Guess whose a big girl now?

That's right... our little miss Ella Bella is all potty trained now (except for nighttime... we're still working on that).  Woohoo!  We are all super excited around here and it's been so great not changing her diapers anymore.  I thought the process would be so much more difficult, but it was pretty painless.  I didn't want to nag her about it since she is the kind of stubborn child that would just push back so I tried to leave it alone, but once I felt that she was ready (she knew when she needed to go, she would just freak out if I suggested she sit on the potty) I bought her a new baby doll that sat on the entertainment center for about 4 or 5 days (she couldn't touch it, but it was there to remind her) when she finally decided she wanted it badly enough that she just went in the bathroom and did her potty business without even telling me.  I went looking for her and found her sitting on the toilet and was so excited.  Since then she's been going on the potty.  She hasn't had any accidents during her naps and we've really only had a small handful of accidents in the last month since she started.  We're doing pull-ups at night and not really pushing it too much since I think it'll happen when she's ready.  I'm so proud of her and tell her that all the time.  Of course whenever she sees me use the restroom now she says, "mommy go on the potty.  I so proud of you mommy."  She also feels the need to remind me to wipe.  It's quite funny to me.  I can't believe how fast she's growing up. She really is becoming a big girl now.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Potty training is so rewarding, esp for the parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats to Ella! What a big girl. I need to work on Kody. He goes pee in the potty about once a day. He's ready but I'm not sure that I'm ready to have my last baby out of diapers. Weird of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job Ella! Such a big girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.