Sunday, January 1, 2012

How'd I Do... December Goals

My goodness, I can't believe 2011 is over.  2011 was a crazy busy year for us.  I'm hoping that 2012 will slow down a little, but we'll see.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas... We had a great time in California visiting grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins.  The munchkins loved it and had so much fun playing with cousins.  We were sad to leave family, but it's always so nice to come home.
So let's review December's goals:


Homemaking -
Decorate for Christmas 
Deep clean before Christmas - I was pretty to happy to actually get the house cleaned before our trip.  It was well worth the frantic cleaning spree the day before leaving to come home to a clean house and fresh sheets.

Cooking -
Make a fabulous cake for Ella's birthday party - Bummer... I did make some cute cupcakes though.
Try three new recipes - I've gotta be honest... I could have tried three new recipes, but I don't remember.
Christmas baking/goodie plates - I had the best intentions, I even bought the stuff, but then I just ran out of time.

Mothering -
Take Ella on a date - January is the month.  It was kinda hard to do this since we were so busy and when I was planning on shopping it was for Christmas.
Remember to read Christmas stories with the kiddos - The kids loved unwrapping a book each night to read.  Definitely need to do this again.

Creating - 
Finish all the homemade gifts I've planned... there are a lot - With a lot of late nights, it all got done.
Sew a scarf for me... I need something for my stocking too - Nope, but I've got plans for one or two.
Finish the flowers and gift bags for Ella's birthday party - Yep and they were adorable.

Financing -
Figure out a new budget for 2012 - This is on the calendar for this week.
Plan budget for the month of December... there is a lot to cram in this month - I actually stayed in budget.

Enriching -
Read two books - I think I did this, but like the recipes, I just can't remember.
Host our Cooking Group - We had so much fun.
Have a date night with Andrew... it is our anniversary this month after all - We actually got to go out a few times this month.  We especially had a great time in Santa Monica.

Let's look at January:

Homemaking -
Pack away Christmas decor
Sort through Christmas boxes and purge unused decor
Organize toy room with new toys
Deep clean laundry room
Paint laundry room

Cooking -
Try three new recipes
Gather recipes for family cookbook

Mothering -
Take Ella on a date
Patience, Patience, Patience

Creating -
Begin organizing craft closet

Financing -
Work out 2012 budget

Enriching -
Read a book
Give myself permission to take a nap when I'm tired

As you can see, there are quite a few homemaking goals this month.  Our house has kinda become a disaster in the last few months and it's time to address that mess.  What better time than the beginning of a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.