Friday, September 23, 2011

It's That Time Of Year Again


Canning season is in full swing here in my neck of the woods.  Unfortunately, I've been sick the last two weeks and haven't done anymore than seven measly jars of spaghetti sauce (one of which broke while in the pressure canner and another that we've already eaten), but I plan on doing more if I ever get healthy again.  I've got more sauce to do, hopefully I'll get some more peaches done this year, I'd also really like to do some apple pie filling just because I think it would be fun.  Some salsa would be great too since we practically drink salsa around here.  And, I'd really like to get some pear-apple sauce made again.  I made it once a couple of years ago and the kids LOVED it.
 I was really glad it was a clean break and that it didn't shatter and also that it broke while sealed up in the canner, cause otherwise that would have been a really awful mess to clean up.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.