Friday, April 8, 2011

Let's Do A Review

A few weeks ago I got an email from Deseret Book about reviewing a few products for them.  I of course jumped at the opportunity since I love love love getting stuff from them.  When we got back from San Francisco I was pretty excited to find a package waiting for me with a couple of great things.  So you wanna see what they sent me?  Okay, I promise it's good.  

The first thing was this amazing CD.  
Now you know from my post a couple of weeks ago that Josh Wright has some seriously unbelievable talent.  Of course the rest of his music was just as good as 'La Campenella'.  He even has one of my favorites, Clair de Lune.  I love that he takes classical music and blends them with Sunday hymns to create an absolutely gorgeous musical arrangement.  Now if only he would create some musical arrangements for Canon in D and the Moonlight Sonata, I'd totally be in love {just kidding honey... I love you!}.  Anyways, I highly recommend this CD if you're wanting some beautiful piano music with a unique arrangement.  This has actually become my favorite for Sunday mornings.  It has a nice calming effect which is much needed at our house on Sundays.  If you're interested in learning more about Josh Wright feel free to visit his website Josh Wright Piano.  Also, if you want you can purchase the CD from Deseret Book.  

So the other item I was really excited about was Hilary Weeks new book and CD 'Bedtime and Naptime... and Bedtime and Naptime'.  
This is a wonderful book that celebrates motherhood and reminds you how important mothers roles are while adding a little humor to help you get through those less than perfect days.  I find that if we are having a rough day at our house I put this CD on to help me remember to laugh.  It helps me to remember the "simple joys" of being a mother and to enjoy this time with my munchkins while they are little, cause they're growing up so fast.  It's a great little reminder.  Here are a few clips from You Tube that are fun...


Again, if you're interested you can get this book/CD from Deseret Book.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.