Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Gallery Walls

A couple weekends ago we did some re-arranging of our front room/reading room which freed up a large amount of wall space.  When we moved into our home a couple of years ago we put a large bookshelf against a large wall, mostly because I was intimidated by the large vaulted wall (we moved from a small 1950's rambler that didn't have high ceilings or a lot of wall space).  Of course, I'm much more comfortable in my ability to decorate our homes spaces now and I think it would be great to add a gallery wall to showcase pictures from our various travels.  We've already done this in our stairwell and on one of our living room walls (on a much smaller scale).  I've been thrilled with how they turned out and I'm excited to tackle the wall in our front room/reading room.
Our stairwell (I actually tackled this project a year ago and I thought I posted these pics, but then realized I didn't)
 The view from our kitchen
A small display in our living room... these pictures really need to be updated.
Here is our blank slate...
 Here are my "research" findings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.