Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Week Full of Projects

Okay, I'm sorry that I've been a little MIA lately, but I'll be honest, I've had a serious creative block since Christmas.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but not only have I not wanted to blog, but I haven't even been interested in perusing others blogs.  Gasp!  There, I said it.  Please don't hate me.  Anyways, I'm back and feeling much better.  In fact I was feeling so much better about this last week when a friend asked me to come over so she could pick my brain for some projects she wanted to do.  When she took my advice to take down some wallpaper it inspired me to come home and attack the wallpaper in the kids bath.  And guess what?!?  I had it off in 1/2 an hour.  Now I just need to decide on a paint color.  Good thing both Lowes and Home Depot have paint on sale this weekend.  I know where I'm heading this afternoon.  

Then on Monday night Andrew took Ella to a basketball game and Mr. Handsome went to bed early so I had the evening to myself.  I was feeling quite motivated at that point so I measured out all the stripes for a soon to be revealed space.  On Tuesday and Wednesday I got all the stripes painted and I just need to say that it looks amazing.  Now I'm busy hanging stuff on the wall.  I'll reveal that space this week so keep checking back.  On Saturday I was planning on finishing off all the trim work in the main part of the house while Andrew was home with the munchkins, but I didn't really think it through when I stored the paint in the shed because when I opened it it had frozen solid.  Needless to say, I'm a little peeved over my stupidity because I've waisted several gallons of great paint colors, some of which I had plans for.  Oh well, live and learn I suppose!  I guess I'll be finding a place in the house to store paint from here on out.


So I'm hoping to pick out paint for the kids bath today so I can paint and decorate their bathroom this week.  I also need to pick out paint for the master bed and bath since I want to have those two spaces done before Valentine's Day as a surprise for Andrew.  Shhh!  Don't tell Andrew!  I figure in the six years that we've been married we've never had a nice master bedroom.  My goal of course is to do it on an as little as possible budget, so I know that I won't be getting that bedroom furniture set I would love, but I just might attempt an upholstered headboard as well as painting some furniture that we already have.


Anyways, I've been super busy with projects and since I'm motivated I figure I should just continue to push ahead while I can.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.