Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How'd I Do... September Goals


I realize this is a few days late, but life happened and there has just been no time to blog.  September ended up being a pretty awful month at our home.  Three weeks ago, I picked up a puking Cameron from nursery at church, only to have it make the rounds that week.  Then just as we all got over that, I ended up with a virus that made me want to die and lasted for two weeks.  I'm actually still coughing from it and occasionally my throat and ears will start hurting again.  I personally think the strep test was wrong and that I did have strep, but whatever... all I can say is it was the worst throat and ear pain I've ever experienced.  So yeah, nothing got done in September.  So let's take a peek...

Homemaking -
Paint toy room - Fail
Hang shelves in master bathroom - Fail

Cooking -
Try three new recipes - Sweet and Sour Meatballs - yummy... I'll have post this recipe, Steak Salad - this was so good, Dripping Beef Sandwiches, Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Bites
Organize online recipes - I started while I was on the couch dying, but didn't get far.
Organize/purge recipe box/binders - Fail

Mothering -
Patience... especially with a certain two year old - This is really hard to do when you're sick.
Take the munchkins camping - We had a great time.
Take the munchkins to the aquarium - Nope.  We've hardly left the house for the last three weeks.
Do an art project with Cameron - He's done lots of coloring and sidewalk chalk.

Creating -
Start working on Ella and Cameron's Halloween costumes - I got the materials and I've started on Ella's costume.

Financing -
Plan my budget for the month... I have lots to fit in this month - Let's not talk about it.

Enriching -
Personal scripture study - Fail
Find some alone time each week - Fail
Go get pedi's with the girls - Fail.  I've gotta do this soon, my Groupon is going to expire pretty quickly.

Here's October's goals:

Homemaking -
Clean up the garden for fall
Weed the flower beds for fall
Start wintering the house

Cooking -
Try three new recipes
Try making french bread
Continue organizing recipes
Can some applesauce and apple butter

Mothering -
Continue with the patience thing
Squeeze in a few last play dates while we still have nice weather
Visit the farm... fall pics

Creating -
Finish the Halloween costumes

Financing -
Stay in budget

Enriching -
Personal scripture study
Read a book

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.