Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ella's First Day of Kindergarten 2013

Yesterday was Ella's first day of Kindergarten.  Where has the time gone?  I was not ready for this.  I knew I would be sad, but I didn't expect to be emotional.  Yes it's true, I cried.  I held it together until she couldn't see me.  She was excited, but definitely scared and nervous and I didn't want to make it worse.  I knew she would have a great time, but still it seemed so awful to watch her walk into school so scared and unsure.  Of course when I picked her up a few hours later, she was back to her bubbly, happy self.  She quickly exclaimed "I love kindergarten"!  I shed a few tears again when she hugged me, but this time because I knew she was going to be okay.    






 Ella with her teacher, Mrs. Cornia.
For the first day of school they put out red carpets for the students to walk in on and then the parents get to cheer them on as they walk into school just to show their support.  Kinda fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love to read everyone's comments and it helps me discover new blogs.